So today lets talk about neurological knockouts and what the the 5 BEST Knockout Pressure Points. Now what do I mean when I say knockout pressure points? These are pressure points that CAN result in a neurological knockout when they are the ONLY points struck. No setup required!
I know you are used to people talking about setting up pressure point knockouts, and that is the VERY best way to go! However I will explain more about that later in the article. But, you also need to know pressure points that will cause a knockout with one hit! This is especially important in self defense! An attack must end FAST. Most of all this helps to assure your success. If you do the work!
Time for some anatomy lessons! There are pressure points in the body that lie in very critical places. When you get down to basics, Kyusho Jitsu is really simply nerve strikes. So if we are just hitting nerves why do we need this long study? Because the study, the science behind pressure point self defense, and knockout pressure points helps increase the odds of success. Especially if the target you want to not available when you want it!
So lets get started shall we?
1) Stomach 5 - This tends to be everyone's "go to" knockout pressure point. The reason this point is so important is the nerve in most people is very accessible. For some it is deeper and less effective. This is biology, not training!
To reach the nerve which is part of the Mandibular Branch of nerves your need to use 2-Way Action and strike in and to the back of the opposite side of the head. You may also strike it to the front and across to the other side. In this area, there is also a branch of the Internal Jugular Vein These nerves and veins are on the underside area of the jaw, protected by the jaw itself.
2) Gall Bladder 20 & Bladder 10 - I am putting these 2 points together because of their close proximity and similar nerve patterns. Gallbladder 20 is another of the favorite points for Kyusho Jitsu practitioners for head knockouts. This point lies in the 2 hollows at the base of the back of the skull.
Now GB-20 is a Wood element point that is hit up and in to the other side of the head. The direction “up” assumes the person to be standing like the illustration. This point along with Bladder 10 are excellent knockout points mostly due to being at the back of the head near the spinal column.
In this area run the Greater and Lesser Occipital Nerves. There is also a large but thin mass of muscle in the area, up into the head and down to the shoulder area. The 2 nerves while serving many functions also help to protect the integrity of the spinal columns connection to the skull.
A hard-enough blow can tear the muscles and therefore cause a tear in the spinal cord. Permanent paralysis and death can occur under the right conditions.
3) Large Intestine 18 - Not as popular but incredibly effective LI-18 is therefore on my list! This point lies at the center of the side of the neck as shown in the diagram below. You can map it directly below, straight down from TW-17.
Striking in and straight across will cause intense pain and if there is setup done it will take little effort for a knockout. As a stand alone point a knockout can be obtained but the best result will come if you can secure the neck with the other hand.
From the standpoint of the nervous system we are once again attacking the lesser occipital nerve. This nerve has many functions as mentioned previously and a hard strike will basically overload it and cause the attacker to go unconscious.
4) Spleen 21 - This is one of the MOST, if not the MOST DANGEROUS knockout pressure points on the body. Death can result from hard strike especially on the left side of the body due to the proximity of the heart. The point is located on the lateral aspect of the chest, on the mid-axillary line, in the 6th intercostal space.
The reason this, and other body points are knockout pressure points is because the brain and the nervous system will ALWAYS protect the integrity of the ribs, and assure the safety of the lungs.
5) Spleen 11 - Yes, if you know your pressure points you will fast realize this is a LEG point. You can knockout someone out with one shot to this point if you hit it correctly, and HARD ENOUGH!
How does this happen? This knockout pressure points lies on the femur in close proximity to the femoral artery. If this point is hit with enough force there is a good chance the leg with break. With the potential of a rupture to the femoral artery as a result! Therefore this overload with cause a neurological knockout!
Here is a REAL knockout on SP-11
That is right! You can learn all this and more! Plus be able to perform these knockouts under stress. But you need training!
The first thing I will tell you is this is only the beginning! There are many, many more great knockout pressure points across the body!
What I have written for you here today is actually excerpts from my eBook Understanding Neurological Pressure Point Knockouts. This book has been called the Grey's Anatomy of Kyusho Jitsu!
Would you like to learn more about this fascinating, and important aspect of the science of pressure point self defense? Follow this link below and read more about Understanding Neurological Pressure Point Knockouts. Here you will find a FREE video to watch that will give you a look into this fascinating part of the science of pressure point self defense.
Plus I have a great eBook you can take a look at also. This is one of the most popular eBook I have written today! Understanding Neurological Pressure Point Knockouts.
Thank you for taking time to read this article! You can also subscribe to our posts by using the "Red Bell" in the bottom right corner. This way you know what the post is about before you come and read. Also share this an other content with friends on social media. Help spread the teachings of the science of pressure point self defense.
Have a great day!
Yours in the arts,
Grand Master Art Mason
Grand Master Art Mason is a professional full time martial artists and Kyusho Jitsu teacher. He is available for seminars and study groups. He resides in Brasov Romania
Enroll Today in Our Free Video Kyusho Jitsu Mini Course! 1 Months of FREE Kyusho Jitsu Lessons! All NEW!
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.