In this part of the secrets to making Kyusho Jitsu work I am going to explain one of the most important principles!
And this applies to everything in general really!
LEAVE YOUR EGO OUT OF IT!
I don’t care if you are a white belt or a root master. To be successful in this type of system you must become a white belt again and learn / apply everything!
When your ego is in the way, you are defeating your own progress! Here are some samples of the things I have heard over the years.
- In my system we do it this way
- I don’t want to know the principles, just show me results!
- I think it is fake, but my students talked me into checking it out
- I already know what I am doing
- That won’t work in my style
- etc, etc, etc
There is nothing more awesome then learning! And in my view many great martial artists miss the boat because they won’t accept they don’t know everything.
I once invited a 10th Dan to a seminar I was part of in Toronto. His reply was “i don’t attend seminars, I give them!”
I still attend seminars.
Have a great day!